Monday, April 9, 2018
Here's another reminder that the American Bar Association Section of International Law will hold its Annual Conference in New York from April 17-21, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. This "Annual Conference" replaces the Section's Spring and Fall Meetings, so it's even more important to attend. Lawyers and other legal professionals from around the world will gather to consider and discuss "The Fusion of Private and Public International Law," the theme of this year's conference. Click here for more information about the ABA Section of International Law Annual Conference in New York.
About the ABA Section of International Law
The ABA Section of International Law develops policy in the international arena, promotes the rule of law, and enhances the education of international law practitioners. The Section focuses on a full range of international legal issues and is involved in a wide variety of substantive legal activities.
The Section's purposes are to:
- promote interest, activity, and research in international law and to further its development;
- increase knowledge among members of the legal profession and the general public;
- promote professional relationships with lawyers similarly engaged in foreign countries; and
- implement Goal IV of the Association – "To advance the rule of law in the world."
The Section has more than 60 regional and practice specific committees, task forces, and working groups within twelve divisions – Africa/Eurasia, Americas/Middle East, Business Law I, Business, Law II, Business Regulation, Constituent, Disputes, Finance, Legal Practice, Public International Law (Treaty) I, Public International Law (Treaty) II, and Tax, Estates & Individuals. Committees closely monitor and disseminate information on domestic and international policy developments with implications for law practice. Click here for more information about ABA Section of International Law.
Upcoming Section Regional Meetings
In addition to the Section's Annual Meeting in New York, the Section of International Law is also hosting
- Singapore, May 10-11, 2018. Investment Arbitration and Trans-Pacific Transactions Conference.
- May 21-22, 2018, Cape Town, South Africa. Challenging the Perception of Risk in Africa.
- Copenhagen, Denmark, June 10-12, 2018. Life Sciences Conference.