Saturday, February 9, 2013
The American Bar Association Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) is meeting this weekend in Dallas during the ABA Midyear Meeting. Leaders from two of that section's committees held a program yesterday at the SMU Dedman School of Law to tell students about careers in international law and in the practice of admiralty and maritime law. The students who attended learned a lot about those areas and about how (and why) they can become active in the organized bar.
Pictured here are the speakers on the SMU Career Panel in Admiralty and International Law:
- Prof. Mark E. Wojcik, The John Marshall Law School (Chicago), Chair of the ABA TIPS International Committee
- Laurie J. Sands (New Jersey), Chair of the TIPS Admiralty and Maritime Committee
- Kathryn Blythe Daly (New York), Membership Vice Chair of the TIPS Admiralty and Maritime Committee
- Raymond Timothy Ward (New Orleans), Vice Chair of the TIPS Admiralty and Maritime Committee
- Christopher Nolan (New York), Immediate Past Chair of the TIPS Admiralty and Maritime Committee and Vice Chair of the TIPS International Committee
- Christopher Hamilton (Florida), Newsletter Vice Chair of the TIPS Admiralty and Maritime Committee
The ABA Midyear Meeting continues through Tuesday at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas.