Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Books We Like: Stuart Deming is About to Give Us a New Edition of "The Foreign Corrupt Pactices Act and the New International Norms"
Stuart Deming is one of the country's leading experts on the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act. He's now just about to publish a new edition of his excellent treatise on the FCPA. Practitioners, in-house counsel, and compliance officials will benefit from this updated and expanded Second Edition, which includes:
- Critical updates reflecting the latest developments in the FCPA
- A broader and more in-depth analysis of the FCPA, including acts that relate directly to Sarbanes-Oxley
- More than 1,000 endnotes citing source materials and useful insights for practitioners (now who wouldn't like to curl up with a nice bunch of endnotes?!)
- More samples of compliance materials (including policies, certifications, and contract language)
- A detailed analysis of the debarment practices associated with the anti-corruption policies of the World Bank.
The book is expected to be available on January 15, 2010. (I know that will disappoint many people who may have wanted to give this as a present for the holidays, but that's how it goes friends! You could hold off and give it as a Valentine's Day present I suppose . . . .) OK, forgive that, but do click here for more information about the book (including how to pre-order it. Discounts are available for members of the ABA Section of International Law.