Wednesday, March 4, 2009
One of the year’s most important events for international lawyers and law professors is the Spring Meeting of the American Bar Association Section of International Law, which will be held in Washington, DC, April 14-18, 2009. More than 1,200 participants from over 50 countries will attend 80 world-class, substantive, programs: three full days of programming in 8 program tracks covering all practice areas of international law:
- Corporate Counsel/Transactional;
- Dispute Resolution/Litigation;
- International Trade/Customs;
- Public International Law/Rule of Law;
- Young Lawyers;
- Taxation; and
- Environmental Law/Climate Change.
Registrants may earn up to 24 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits (also including Ethics) by attending the three full days of programming. Register now to get the early bird rates. There are also INCREDIBLE discounts for law professors, as well as NGO and Government lawyers, and law students.
Special Events include:
- a special opportunity to meet with senior staff of the House and Senate committees with jurisdiction over issues important to Section members. Representatives of the chairs and ranking members of these key committees will discuss their international priorities for the coming year. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions about upcoming legislation.
- an opening WIN/SIN/GIN/YIN Outreach Reception at The Fairmont, Washington, DC;
- Reception and Committee Dinners at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts;
- a closing Ambassadorial Reception in the Diplomatic Rooms of the U.S. Department of State,
- two award luncheons with prominent speakers including Former Congressman Michael Oxley (Sarbanes-Oxley), Vice Chairman, The Nasdaq Group Inc. and Counsel, Baker & Hostetler LLP and Abbe David Lowell, Former Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives;
- Swearing-in Ceremony: U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- a special luncheon for committee members, new and old, at a reduced price, and
- a meeting of the prestigious Council of the Section preceded by remarks by Ambassador Hans Corell, Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs and the Legal Counsel of the United Nations, upon whom will be conferred the World Order Under Law Award
You can register online by visiting the website for the ABA Section of International Law.
Hat tip to Aaron Schildhaus