Wednesday, August 20, 2014
The UC Hastings Center for Gender & Refugee Studies and the Legal Aid of Association of California will be sponsoring a webinar for people who are interested in filing asylum claims on behalf of women and children fleeing violence and other forms of persecution in Mexico and Central America.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Overview of the root causes leading to the recent migration surge and how this influences the type of asylum claims being brought
- Overview of the elements of asylum, with special emphasis on the particular social group, which is the most common ground argued in cases of women and children
- How to effectively use experts and country conditions evidence to persuasively present a claim for asylum protection
- Procedural issues arising in cases involving women and children who have recently arrived to the United States border and are seeking asylum protection
- Practical tips on working with vulnerable clients
For registration and other information, click here.