Thursday, May 8, 2014
From: DOLORES STREET COMMUNITY SERVICES
Fall 2014 Legal Fellow
Dolores Street Community Services (DSCS) is seeking a legal fellow starting in the fall of 2014 for its Deportation Defense and Legal Advocacy Program to assist attorneys in handling removal cases. DSCS provides free immigration legal services to low income San Francisco residents facing deportation. As the fiscal sponsor for the San Francisco Immigrant Legal & Education Network, DSCS is part of a groundbreaking collaboration of thirteen organizations, including some of the region’s pioneering immigrant service providers. For the past several years, DSCS has been on the cutting edge of providing innovative legal defense in removal cases. The fellowship will provide a recent law graduate with the opportunity to engage in a broad range of legal tasks and advocacy, including direct client representation with attorney supervision.
Responsibilities of legal fellow:
• Work closely with supervising attorney to provide immigration legal services;
• Conduct initial intake and screening for clients seeking immigration related legal assistance;
• Assist in fact gathering to support clients in their claims;
• Provide legal research for attorneys to support removal defense claims;
• Provide direct representation to clients under attorney supervision pursuant to applicable regulations;
• Support collaborations and advocacy efforts to support immigrant rights.
• Recent law school graduate;
• Committed to providing legal representation to low income clients facing removal;
• Committed to work with immigrants and to advance the immigrant rights movement;
• Strong proficiency in Spanish required.
Please provide the following application materials:
• Cover letter;
• Writing sample (no longer than 10 pages);
• Three references.
• Due to funding limitations, graduates must bring their own funding to support their fellowship.
Dolores Street is an EOE
Deadline: Friday, June 6, 2014
Please submit your cover letter and resume by mail or email to:
Mail: Attn: Annette Wong
Dolores Street Community Services |SFILEN
938 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110