Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Journal of the Latino Research Center at the University of Nevada, Reno Border-Lines is an interdisciplinary academic journal dedicated to the dissemination of research on Chicana/o—Latina/o cultural, political, and social issues. The publication is a peer-reviewed academic journal that seeks to publish scholarly articles in interdisciplinary fields such as Anthropology, Education, Geography, History, Human Health, Literary and Cultural Studies, Political Science, Social Work, and Sociology, as well as creative writing pieces by Latino writers such as essays, short stories, and poems.
Submissions are invited for the new volume of Border-Lines. The topic is open. Submission Guidelines
• Manuscripts submitted to Border-Lines should be the original and unpublished research that is not under consideration for any other journal at the time.
• Manuscripts should include an abstract of 150 words or less.
• Manuscripts are accepted in English or Spanish; 4,000-6,000 words, plus bibliography.
• Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word, double spaced in 12 point type, Times New Roman, Chicago Style Manual.
• Graphs and images must be submitted as independent files in .EPS or .TIFF format.
• Creative writing pieces are invited for review in English or Spanish. Essays and short stories should not exceed 1,000 words; poems may also be submitted for review and possible publication.
• Book reviews on publications related to Chicana/o—Latina/o cultural, political, and social issues will be considered for publication and should not exceed 1,500 in length.
• Deadline for Submission: January 24, 2014.
Send submissions (on PC/Mac compatible CD or by electronic attachment) to Border-Lines@unr.edu