November 21, 2012
Nominate Your Candidate for the American Immigration Council's Immigrant Youth Achievement Award!
The American Immigration Council is now accepting nominations for their 2013 Immigrant Youth Achievement Award. Each year the Council receives hundreds of nominations from around the country lifting up exceptional young people whose accomplishments amaze us and whose dreams inspire us.
The Immigrant Youth Achievement Award celebrates high-achieving young immigrants, whose personal accomplishments and contributions demonstrate the important impact young immigrants are having on our nation every day. These nominations serve as a reminder that our country was built by hard-working, forward-thinking immigrants and in order for our country to continue to lead, we must invest in the future of today’s immigrant youth.
The Immigrant Youth Achievement Award is presented to the winner at the American Immigration Council’s annual Washington, DC Immigrant Achievement Awards in the Spring. Past nominees have emigrated from countries such as Ireland, India, Mexico, Cambodia, China, and Cuba and have made contributions in literature, journalism, music, and politics.
• The honoree must be between the ages of 14 and 25 years of age on April 11, 2013 ;
• The honoree must be an immigrant to the United States, including those who have become naturalized citizens.
• The accomplishments of the honoree must reflect more than personal success and should have evidence of a commitment to making a positive impact in their community or the world around them;
• The honoree must be willing and available to travel (at the American Immigration Council’s expense) to Washington, DC for the awards ceremony on Thursday, April 11, 2013. The American Immigration Council will cover the costs of travel and accommodations for the honoree, and for a parent or guardian if the honoree is a minor;
• The honoree will receive a $1,000 award.
You may attach up to 3 supporting documents, two pages max per document. Supporting documents include resumes, news articles, essays, or letters of recommendation. The winner will be notified and announced on this website by February 15, 2013.
Deadline: February 1, 2013 at midnight EST. Read about the 2012 immigrant youth acheivement award winner, Vineet Singal. To learn more about past winners, click here.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Nominate Your Candidate for the American Immigration Council's Immigrant Youth Achievement Award! :