Friday, April 6, 2012
From Southern Border Communities Coalition
Need to Know: Border Patrol Brutality - PBS Trailer
The U.S.-Mexico Border is a vibrant, diverse and unique region. More than six million people living on the U.S. side of the southern border call this region home. Millions more cross back and forth every day to shop, visit family and do business that fuels our economy.
In the midst of our communities, the largest law-enforcement agency in the country, the U.S. Border Patrol, operates with virtual impunity. Southern border communities have insisted that the U.S. Border Patrol cannot act above the law.
Since 2010 Border Patrol agents have killed at least seven members of border communities and several others have been seriously injured. The Border Patrol has taken no known action against any of the agents involved. There also has been no investigation made public that will help families understand why their loved ones were killed or injured.
On Friday, April 20th PBS’s Need to Know Program will air a half hour segment that will expose the excessive use of deadly force that has become routine for the Border Patrol.
You can help bring justice home for Southern Border communities by taking action in following ways:
* Sign and share our petition asking President Obama to move forward with an open and thorough investigation of all of the killings that have occurred since 2010.
* Spread the word about the April 20th airing of PBS’s Need to Know at 8:30 pm
* Organize a screening or a house party to watch the show (let us know if you will organize an event by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Visit and share our website www.bringjusticehome.us and our Facebook page.
* Follow us on Twitter and tweet to #bringjusticehome
With your help we can bring justice home!