Tuesday, May 30, 2006
High praise from the AJOB blog for a recent publication:
I'm forever finding jewels that Rosamond Rhodes strings together in her various projects, from the APA philosophy of medicine newsletter to more complex collections like this special issue of the Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine on ethics in pediatrics, which contains at least four (that's as far as I've gotten) of the best articles on ethical issues in pediatrics I've read in years.
Here is the TOC for the special section:
Kurt Hirschhorn, Ian R. Holzman, Daniel A. Moros, and Rosamond Rhodes
- Understanding, Avoiding, and Resolving End-of-Life Conflicts in the NICU
Arthur E. Kopelman
- When Parents Request Seemingly Futile Treatment for Their Children
- When Staff and Parents Disagree: Decision Making for a Baby with Trisomy 13
Linda B. Siegel
- An Exploration of the Ethical, Legal and Developmental Issues in the Care of an Adolescent Patient
Daniel Summers, Ivanya Alpert, Thaina Rousseau-Pierre, Mara Minguez, Simone Manigault, Sharon Edwards, Anne Nucci, and Angela Diaz
- Children as Research Subjects: Moral Disputes, Regulatory Guidance, and Recent Court Decisions
Loretta M. Kopelman
- Genetic Testing of Children for Adult-Onset Diseases: Is Testing in the Child’s Best Interests?
Mary Kay Pelias
- Why Test Children for Adult-Onset Genetic Diseases?