April 21, 2005
Funny Living Will
If the Schiavo case has you considering how to draft a living will, you may want to check out The New Yorker's "Shouts and Murmurs" column by Paul Rudnick. The column is entitled, "My Living Will." Here are a few of my favorite provisions:
1. If I should remain in a persistent vegetative state for more than fifteen years, I would like someone to turn off the TV.
12. If my doctor pronounces me brain-dead, I would like to see the new Ashton Kutcher movie.
15. I would like to die at home, surrounded by my attorneys.
17. In lieu of flowers or donations, I would prefer rioting.
18. I would like my entire estate to become the property of my cat, Fluffy, who said, “He wouldn’t want to live like this, with that zit.”
22. At my memorial service, I would like my clergyman to begin his eulogy with the words “I suppose, in a way, we all killed him.”
April 21, 2005 | Permalink