Saturday, January 4, 2014
In another top article from last year, Ms. JD's, In Praise of Mom Firms.
Mom Firms, small/solo law practices consisting of accomplished female Biglaw refugees, can offer corporate/insurance clients greater efficiency, more control over file management, and superior attorney quality at more reasonable rates. The Mom Firm “lean and green” business model also stands as the antidote for well-known Biglaw billing abuses.
Mom firms are:
- technologically sophisticated
- make good money at reasonable rates
- have lower billable hours
- are administratively agile
- focus on client relationships