Monday, November 18, 2013
Some of the findings from the new Bureau of Labor Statistics Report.
- Full-time women earn 81 percent of men's earnings. In 1979, it was 62 percent.
- Age Matters: Women under 24 make 90 percent. Women over 55 only 76 percent.
- Best occupations for women: pharmacists ($1,871/week) and lawyers ($1,636). For men, physicians and surgeons ($2,099), lawyers ($2,055), and pharmacists ($1,879) earned the most.
- Full-time workers who are parents of minor children: women with kids earn $680/week, men with kids earn $946.
- Women are more likely than men to work part time (<35 hrs/week). Women who worked part time made up 26 percent of all female wage and salary workers in 2012