December 5, 2009
$100 million lawsuit filed in E coli case
Yesterday (Friday, 12/4/09) Bill Marler filed a lawsuit seeking $100 million in damages for Stephanie Smith, the 22 year old dancer left paralyzed after eating a burger tainted with E. coli 0157:H7.
Read about the lawsuit in the St. Paul Pioneer Press (my home town newspaper).
Read about it on Marler Blog, Bill Marler's own food poisoning law blog:
This morning’s papers across the United States are covered with paralyzed, former dancer, Stephanie Smith’s battle against food giant, Cargill. Cargill’s hamburger, sold at Wal-Mart, nearly killed Stephanie with Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, and has left her, with brain damage, with failing kidneys, with no bowel or bladder control, and facing a life confined to a bed or a wheel chair. Despite her hard work, Stephanie will not dance again. As I type this in my kitchen, my three daughters are helping my wife decorate the Christmas tree. Like you, I cannot imagine seeing one of them in Stephanie’s condition – from eating a hamburger.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference $100 million lawsuit filed in E coli case: