Wednesday, December 23, 2009
The latest on the case from CNN:
It looks like the Brazilian relatives of a 9-year-old boy, caught in an international custody battle with the child's father, will not file any further appeals after the Brazilian Supreme Court ruled against them, their attorney told CNN Wednesday.
The family is just looking for a peaceful handover of Sean Goldman to his father, attorney Sergio Tostes said, and plan on starting dialogue to allow the transfer to happen immediately.
The chief justice of the Brazilian Supreme Court
ruled Tuesday in favor of David Goldman, who had been battling the family of
the boy's deceased mother for custody. The ruling by Chief Justice Gilmar
Mendes will reunite Sean with his father. Last week, a lower court unanimously
upheld a decision ordering that Sean Goldman be returned to his father in New Jersey.
David Goldman arrived in Rio de Janeiro