September 13, 2006
American Association of Law School Programs for Family Law Professors
The upcoming 2007 American Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting will have several sessions of interest to family law professors:
Friday, January 5, 2007 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Emerging Issues in Assisted Conception: Advances and Confusion in Family Law
Joint Program of the Association of American Law Schools and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Moderator: Judith F. Daar, Whittier Law School
- Speakers: Marcelle I. Cedars, M.D., Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, University of California,San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Janet L. Dolgin, Hofstra University School of Law
- John A. Robertson, The University of Texas School of Law
Thursday January 4, 2007 Section on Family and Juvenile Law
Hot Topics in Family and Juvenile Law
- Moderator: June Rose Carbone, Santa Clara University School of Law
- The New Uniform Representation of Children in Abuse, Neglect, and Custody Proceedings Act: Bridging the Divide Between the Pragmatists and the Idealists by Barbara Ann Atwood, The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law;
- Still Partners? Examining the Consequences of Post-Separation and Post-Divorce Parenting by Theresa Glennon, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law;
- Resolving Family Conflicts: Implications of a Paradigm Shift by Jane C. Murphy, University of Baltimore School of Law and Jana B. Singer, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Multi-Tiered Marriage: Ideas and Influences from New York and Louisiana to the International Community by Joel A. Nichols, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Business Meeting at the Program Conclusion.
Friday Januaryy 5 8:30 - 10:15 a.m.
Mediation and the Elderly
Section on Aging and the Law
- Moderator: Susan N. Gary, University of Oregon School of Law
- Speakers: Carol Bensinger Liebman, Columbia University School of Law
- Lela Porter Love, Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Kate Mewhinney, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Mary F. Radford, Georgia State University College of Law
- Ellen Waldman, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Looking ahead, June 20-22, 2007 the Workshop on Family Law: Bridging the Gap Between Social Science and Law will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia.
See you there! BGF
September 13, 2006 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference American Association of Law School Programs for Family Law Professors: