Wednesday, September 13, 2006
The upcoming 2007 American Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting will have several sessions of interest to family law professors:
Friday, January 5, 2007 10:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Emerging Issues in Assisted Conception: Advances and Confusion in Family Law
Joint Program of the Association of American Law Schools and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Moderator: Judith F. Daar, Whittier Law School
- Speakers: Marcelle I. Cedars, M.D., Professor, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, University of California,San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Janet L. Dolgin, Hofstra University School of Law
- John A. Robertson, The University of Texas School of Law
Thursday January 4, 2007 Section on Family and Juvenile Law
Hot Topics in Family and Juvenile Law
- Moderator: June Rose Carbone, Santa Clara University School of Law
- The New Uniform Representation of Children in Abuse, Neglect, and Custody Proceedings Act: Bridging the Divide Between the Pragmatists and the Idealists by Barbara Ann Atwood, The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law;
- Still Partners? Examining the Consequences of Post-Separation and Post-Divorce Parenting by Theresa Glennon, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law;
- Resolving Family Conflicts: Implications of a Paradigm Shift by Jane C. Murphy, University of Baltimore School of Law and Jana B. Singer, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Multi-Tiered Marriage: Ideas and Influences from New York and Louisiana to the International Community by Joel A. Nichols, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Business Meeting at the Program Conclusion.
Friday Januaryy 5 8:30 - 10:15 a.m.
Mediation and the Elderly
Section on Aging and the Law
- Moderator: Susan N. Gary, University of Oregon School of Law
- Speakers: Carol Bensinger Liebman, Columbia University School of Law
- Lela Porter Love, Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Kate Mewhinney, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Mary F. Radford, Georgia State University College of Law
- Ellen Waldman, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Looking ahead, June 20-22, 2007 the Workshop on Family Law: Bridging the Gap Between Social Science and Law will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia.
See you there! BGF