Monday, January 28, 2013
- Climate change took a prominent place in President Obama's Second Inaugural Address.
- The D.C. Circuit overturned EPA's biofuels mandate.
- The D.C. Circuit also denied rehearing in the cross-state air pollution case.
- And (it was a busy week for air pollution cases) the D.C. Circuit also sided with the Sierra Club in a dispute over an EPA rule that exempted some stationary sources from monitoring requirements for fine particulate matter.
- Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman approved a route for the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- The United State Court of Federal Claims dismissed a billion-dollar lawsuit brought by Westlands Water District against the United States.