Tuesday, October 23, 2012
- No, you didn't miss it. Other than a sideswipe at the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and some love for the coal industry, environmental issues were't much of a part of the second presidential debate (or the third).
- Authorities in Hong Kong confiscated an enormous shipment--one of the largest ever--of illegal ivory.
- EPA's air quality standards for hydraulic fracturing were challenged from all sides.
- EPA and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration published their final rule raising fuel economy standards.
- The Journal Nature Climate Change published a study predicting that climate change will substantially decrease the productivity of rice plants and substantially increase greenhouse gas emissions from rice farming.