Tuesday, August 14, 2012
* Mitt Romey selected Paul Ryan as a running mate, and analysis of Ryan's environmental and energy positions began.
* A new study by James Hansen and others claiming that recent heat waves were caused by climate change was published.
* Japan is struggling with energy shortages this summer due to all but two of its nuclear reactors off-line in the wake of the Fukushima accident.
* Harvard Law School's environmental clinic won a victory on behalf of solar developers in Massachusetts.
* New emails written by Energy Department staff members discussing White House involvement in the clean energy program about two months before the Solyndra scandal were released.
* Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar opened a fifth annual green energy conference in Las Vegas by announcing a new wind energy farm will begin producing electricity.