Saturday, March 3, 2012
- Chicagon, Midwest Generation, and the Chicago Clean Power Coalition announced an agreement to shut down old coal-fired power plants.
- The EPA issued a number of proposed rules that would approve state implementation plans to reduce regional haze.
- A New York Supreme Court upheld a localty's zoning ban on fracking.
- The D.C. Circuit held oral arguments on challenges to the EPA's GHG endangerment finding.
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York dismissed a suit by organic farmers against Monsanto for failure to meet the case-or-controversy requirement; the suit sought protection from patent infringement suits by Monsanto against farmers whose crops inadvertently acquire trace amounts of patented seeds or traits.