Sunday, February 19, 2012
- The American Energy Innovation Summit will be held in Washington D.C. between February 27 and 29, 2012. Top brass from government and industry are scheduled to speak at the event. Also, invited are top winners of America’s Next Top Energy Innovator Challenger. Curious to know who they are and what they are innovating? Details are available at http://energy.gov/science-innovation/innovation/americas-next-top-energy-innovator/americas-next-top-energy-innovator
- The DOE has requested $27.2 billion as part of the FY 2013 budget. Details, including allocation between different types of energy are available here.
- According to a recent study, wildfires cause 339,000 deaths per year globally.
- A study on lead levels in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina concludes that lead contamination above the federal standards in and around residential areas presents serious risks to the population, particularly children. The study notes that about 61% of residences are exposed to high contamination levels.
- Interested in reading and/or commenting on proposed regulations and other agency action, a list of proposals with due dates are available here.