Monday, February 13, 2012
- Southern Company received Nuclear Regulatory Commission approval to construct two new reactors at a Georgia nuclear plant;
- Citing environmental regulatory changes, including EPA's recent mercury rules, FirstEnergy announced it would close three coal-fired power plants in West Virginia. This follows FirstEnergy's announcement last month that six other plants would be closed;
- The League of Conservation Voters released its annual scorecard tracking congressional voting on environmental issues.
- In New Mexico, the Environmental Improvement Board repealed the state's cap-and-trade program.
- EPA submitted the third portion of its greenhouse gas "tailoring rule" for OMB review.