Sunday, January 22, 2012
* Does Congress have the authority to approve the Keystone Pipeline despite the Obama administration's disapproval? A new CRS report says yes - under Congressional authority to regulate foreign commerce.
* Four Florida counties have decided to join forces to combat climate change.
* "Salazar Announces Ban on Importation and Interstate Transportation of Four Giant Snakes that Threaten Everglades."
* Asia Pulp and Paper comes under increasing scrutiny for deforesting Indonesia: Levi's drops APP as a supplier.
* A new species of horsefly is named "Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae" (after Beyonce) due to its golden backside.
* The state of Louisiana announces an ambitious plan to curb coastal land loss.
* GE executive declares at global investor conference that trade-off between economy and the environment is "nonsense."
* The state of Oregon decides to take zoning to the ocean.