Sunday, November 27, 2011
* Dan Farber posted a timely analysis on Newt Gingrich and the Environment.
* Not surprisingly but importantly, a new study shows that people who believe scientists disagree about global warming tend to be less certain that global warming is happening and less supportive of climate policy.
* The Super Committee failed to come to an agreement on how to cut the deficit, and Climate Progress discusses how this relates to oil subsidies and energy policy.
* Noted environmental historian, Douglas Brinkley, testified before the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee on Congress's latest attempt to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) to oil exploration and drilling and faced tough questioning from the Committee and bullying from Senator Don Young.
* The Hill posted a useful summary of the Solyndra controversy.