Sunday, October 30, 2011
* After years of contamination left it dead, the Ocoee River (the white water rafting paradise) is brought back to life
* Questions and lawsuits abound over whether the Canadian company TransCanada can use the power of eminent domain to gain access to U.S. property owners' land for its oil pipeline. Also, how about this for coincidence? One of the property owners is Sue Kelso (sound a bit like Susette Kelo?)
* Check out this neat time-lapse video of the removal of the Condit Dam in Washington State.
* The Vietnamese Rhino is now extinct.
* The Pew Center on Global Climate Change has issued a report on how businesses are bringing low carbon solutions to the market.
* "Forest carbon markets grow, despite uncertainty"