August 14, 2011
In Case You Missed It - The Week of August 8-14
* Changes in federal funding for disasters were part of the debt deal (NY Times).
* Electric wind turbine technology is developing and improving at a fast pace (NY Times).
* After years of low water levels and in a year of historic droughts in parts of the United States, the Colorado River is on the rise (LA Times Environment Blog).
* For those interested in reading the congressional tea leaves for the future of what has been dubbed the Super Committee charged with reducing the deficit, here are some insights into committees' (decidely skeptical) views on climate change (Grist).
* Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, who has been one of the toughest critics of the EPA (and particularly its impact on the economy), faced questions this week due to her past efforts to secure EPA funding to stimulate her own state's economy (Huffington Post).
August 14, 2011 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference In Case You Missed It - The Week of August 8-14: