Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of quality, affordable health care and coverage for all Americans. We bring the voice of consumers in federal and state health policy debates, with a strong focus on the needs of low-income and vulnerable populations. Families USA is seeking a Medicaid Policy Analyst who will provide strategic input into the development and assist with the implementation of the organization’s work on Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. The Medicaid Policy Analyst will report to the Medicaid Program Director. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of the Medicaid and CHIP programs, the ability to write about technical policy issues in an accessible manner, and excellent analytical skills.
- Produce content related to Medicaid and CHIP, including but not limited to: reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, technical analyses, emails, blogs, webinars and other materials.
- Provide technical assistance and strategic guidance to state and national health care advocates in conjunction with other Families USA staff.
- Follow and report on emerging policy and political issues on Medicaid and CHIP and recommend appropriate organizational response.
- Read and analyze federal regulations and guidance and write comments, sometimes in collaboration with other colleagues.
- Collaborate with colleagues to incorporate health equity into organization’s Medicaid and CHIP work.
- Help develop messaging, field press calls, and make public presentations on Medicaid and CHIP issues.
- Represent the organization at national coalition tables on Medicaid and CHIP issues.
An ideal applicant would possess these qualifications
- At least three to five years experience working on the Medicaid or CHIP program.
- Strong understanding of Medicaid and CHIP and how the two programs relate to the Affordable Care Act.
- Strong understanding of federal and state rules governing Medicaid, with a particular focus on eligibility, enrollment, and financing.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written, including the ability to write about technical policy issues in an accessible manner.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to collaborate with other staff to complete a project.
- Commitment to social justice.
- Some travel for presentations, training, and consultations with state and local advocates will be required.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume by email to careers(at)familiesusa.org and include “Medicaid Policy Analyst” in the subject line. The salary will be commensurate with experience. Families USA offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits, and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer.