Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The Royal College of Physicians of Edinbrugh is hosting a symposium on "Ethics and Care for Older People Approaching End of Life: Symptoms, Choices and Dilemmas" on April 3 in Scotland. While many of the sessions focus on medical treatment, as one might expect given the setting, the program takes an interdisciplinary approach, with sessions on:
- Pain mangement in older people
- Palliation of symptoms in advanced dementia
- Nutrition in advanced frailty
- Escalating care vs. ceiling of intervention: two sides of the same coin?
- Advanced care planning in the community: choice or chimera?
The keynote address is "Meeting the Challenge of Delivering Quality Care for Older People in the Last Days of Life."
The website explains how to identify or establish connections for live streaming of the program to venues overseas.