Monday, September 17, 2012
Register for NGA’s Benefits Webinar Series
NGA’s education committee is proud to announce another new webinar that focuses on the benefits received by many people under guardianship.
Guardians have many responsibilities, including
- determining if the person under guardianship is eligible for benefits
- applying for and managing benefits
- maintaining ongoing benefits
- assisting clients with applications
The Benefits Webinar will outline the guardian’s responsibilities
- outline the guardian’s responsibilities regarding benefits people under guardianship
- describe the differences between Medicare and Medicaid
- explain Medicaid benefits and types of coverage
- differentiate between the three general categories of Social Security benefits and the qualification criteria for each program
- review the different types of benefits available through the Veteran’s Administration system
- Summarize the application process for each benefit class
This single-session webinar course is scheduled for Thursday, November 1 at 1:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (Noon, Central; 11:00 am, Mountain, and 10:00 am, Pacific).
The attached document contains more information and a registration form. The deadline to register is October 25 and space is limited to the first 30 registrants.