Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Live Webcast Will Launch CMS Campaign to End Antipsychotic Drug Misuse in Nursing Homes --
Watch Thursday, March 29, 1pm ET
Consumer Voice Statement on the Campaign:
Consumer Voice applauds federal campaign to end misuse of antipsychotic drugs in nursing homes
Tomorrow the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services will launch a national campaign to eliminate misuse of antipsychotic drugs in nursing homes. The Consumer Voice is proud to have played a role in initiating this campaign – along with our colleagues at the Center for Medicare Advocacy, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform, Long Term Care Community Coalition, and Civil Advocacy Program at the Legal Aid Justice Center in Charlottesville, VA – and we urge you to tune in a live webcast of the launch. The program will feature CMS officials and a panel of experts, including former Consumer Voice director Sarah Burger, discussing caring for residents with dementia without dangerous medications.
Some things you should be aware of if you plan to watch the broadcast:
- The webcast is housed on CMS’s Surveyor Training site. Some of the information on the site is for surveyors, not the general public.
- Consumers do not have to register or concern themselves with information related to credits.
- Make sure your computer has Windows Media Player so you can log on.
- Plan to log on 10 minutes prior to the live broadcast.
- Download the Agenda and other documents and resources in the section called Associated Documents.
Unable to watch the program live? The program will be archived on the website after the live broadcast.
For more about eliminating misuse of antipsychotic drugs in nursing homes, visit the Consumer Voice website at http://www.theconsumervoice.org/advocate/antipsychotic-drugs.