Friday, February 3, 2012
Call for Presentations!
2012 National Conference on Guardianship
October 20 – 23, 2012 in Portland, OR
Deadline is March 2
Please go here for detailed information about this Call for Presentations for the NGA’s National Conference on Guardianship. You are encouraged to forward this information to other people who you believe have important knowledge, opportunities, or ideas to share at the 2012 NGA Conference on Guardianship.
The NGA membership covers the gamut of guardianship work and we are hoping to balance the 2012 program among the various populations and types of cases served. We are particularly interested in topics in the following
areas, though all proposals will be considered:
• Developmental Disability Programming and Person-Centered Planning
• Traumatic Brain Injury: Understanding the Issues
• Mental Illness: Advances in Treatment, New Medications, etc.
• Dementia: Clinical Presentation or Management of Difficult Behavior
• Capacity Assessment Estate Management
• Establishing a Private Guardianship Business.
• Public Guardianship: Trends and Issues
• Ethics: End of Life Decisions
• Ethics: Conflicts of Interest for Guardians and Attorneys
• Alcohol/Drug Addiction in Older Adults
• Working with Difficult Families
• Tax issues for Guardians and Clients
Proposals will only be accepted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Call 877-326-5992 for more information.
Proposals will be reviewed by the program committee and selected upon the criteria of overall quality, originality, CEU applicability, and appropriateness to this program. Presenters will be notified of their acceptance by the beginning of April.