Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Brooks Holland (Gonzaga University School of Law) has posted Criminal Procedure in the October 2013 Term: Cell Phones and Some Other Stuff (41 Preview 321 (2014)) on SSRN. Here is the abstract:
This brief article reviews the U.S. Supreme Court's criminal procedure decisions in the October 2013 Term. Cases reviewed include:
- Kaley v. United States (pre-trial forfeiture and the right to counsel).
- Kansas v. Cheever (self-incrimination and mental health examinations).
- Fernandez v. California (third-party consent to search).
- Navarette v. California (anonymous 911 calls and reasonable suspicion).
- Riley v. California (warrantless searches of cell phones incident to arrest).