Thursday, March 11, 2010
The story is at FindLaw. In part:
Police and prosecutors say changes would strengthen the law by defining "criminal gangs" and "criminal gang members," to broaden the types of crime considered gang activity.
. . .
Some of the proposed revision of the existing gang prevention act that would define a member as someone who fits at least two of these categories:
- You proclaim yourself a member.
- You use a gang's name, sign or symbol.
- You associate with other known gang members and demonstrate aspiration to become a member by adopting style of dress, tattoos or hand signals or participate in gang activities.
- The prison system has determined you are a gang member.
- Photos or electronic communication provide evidence of your gang membership.