Sunday, April 15, 2007
Valerie Caproni, Chief Counsel of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is one of 15 legal experts from around the country to join the Lewis & Clark Law School Spring 2007 Law Review Symposium. The symposium, titled “Crimes, War Crimes, and the War on Terror,” takes place on Friday, April 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. at Lewis & Clark Law School.
Panel discussion topics include:
- “Domestic Law and National Security,”
- “The other criminal Process: War Crimes, Military Commissions, and Habeas Corpus,”
- “Perspectives from International Law,”
- “Surveillance and Transparency.”
Lewis & Clark Law School faculty panelists include
- Prof Bill Funk
- CrimProf John Kroger
- CrimProf John Parry
- Prof Juliet Stumpf
- CrimProf Susan Mandiberg.
All events will be held at Lewis & Clark Law School in Classroom. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Symposium fee includes materials, continental breakfast, and lunch. Cost varies based on private practice, governmental and academic affiliations. [Mark Godsey]