February 18, 2007
NEPOC 2007 at Southern New England Law School
The NEPOC 2007 entitled "Moving Forward or Moving Backward?: Criminal Justice and Immigration in the 21st Century will be located at the Southern New England School of Law September 14-15. Announcing Professor Charles Ogletree will be the Kellis E. Parker Keynote Speaker.
Two areas of law are undergoing dramatic transformations: criminal justice and immigration. Powerful forces such as the stresses of globalization and the ever-increasing diversity of the American population demand change.
This conference will explore the hope and the dangers of these legal evolutions with panels on community criminal justice, national security and the risks of discretion, immigration controversies on the local and global levels, and the increasing intersections of criminal law and immigration law. Please join us for outstanding discussion of these pressing issues, particularly as they pertain to communities of color, here and abroad.
In addition, we are continuing our strong tradition of supporting and building the community of color in the legal academy.
- This year we are honoring faculty of color in the Northeast who have been in the legal academy for more than twenty-five years.
- We are currently accepting nominations of outstanding legal scholar / activists for the annual Haywood Burns / Shanara Gilbert Awards.
- We are starting to schedule works in progress sessions on any legal topic. These sessions are excellent opportunities to receive constructive feedback on drafts in a safe setting. We strongly encourage junior faculty to consider presenting.
- We will also have formal mentoring workshops.
If you are interested in making a nomination, doing a work in progress, commenting on a work in progress or have any questions, please visit the conference website at www.snesl.edu/conferences/NEPOC or please contact:
- Professor Elaine Chiu, St. John’s University School of Law at 718-990-6657 or at email@example.com or
- Dean Robert V. Ward, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 508-988-9600 x.170
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference NEPOC 2007 at Southern New England Law School :