November 21, 2006
Charges Dropped Against Naked City Prosecutor
From enquirer.com: Charges against a former Hamilton, OH city prosecutor accused of naked after-hours strolls in public buildings will be dropped because of a technicality, a special prosecutor said today.
Special Prosecutor Steve Tolbert said there was an error in the charges that will require dismissal of the case. It was not immediately clear if the charges will be refiled.
Former prosecutor Scott Blauvelt, 35, of Hamilton has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to two counts of public indecency.The charges stem from incidents in the city's Government Services Center on Oct. 4 and Oct. 5 that were caught on a security camera. Blauvelt worked in that building.
Blauvelt's lawyer, Mike Gmoser, has suggested that his client's behavior may be related to a mental illness, medication and/or a brain injury that resulted from a 2005 car wreck in which Blauvelt also had been naked.
More recently, Blauvelt told investigators he had been "doing similar things for about the past five years," but didn't know why -- and officials learned that he also had walked naked in the city building Sept. 25. Rest of Article. . . [Mark Godsey]
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Charges Dropped Against Naked City Prosecutor: