Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Our beloved Official Blog Sponsor, Aspen Publishing/Wolters Kluwer Law & Business -- may good fortune always shine on them -- is out with a new edition of (IMO) one of the best student study aids, Examples & Explanations: Contracts by Brian Blum (Lewis & Clark) (left). Here's the book blurb:
A thorough overview of Contracts, the fifth edition of this popular E&E for Brian Blum’s extraordinarily lucid explanations of complex concepts. The Fifth Edition of Examples & Explanations: Contracts, builds on the framework established in earlier editions by providing an accessible, comprehensive treatment of the first-year contracts syllabus, written especially for students and designed to provide them with information, examples, and analysis of appropriate complexity and detail. In the fifth edition, the coverage of contracting through standard forms and electronic means is expanded, and new notes offer an international perspective on contract law.
Thoroughly updated in its Fifth Edition, Examples & Explanations: Contracts features:
- the proven-effective Examples & Explanations format that combines explanatory text with hypothetical problems and answers
- a well-organized arrangement of topics that links the themes in each chapter so that students can see the interaction between different topics studied in the course informal and lucid text that articulates basic assumptions, explains the transactional context, and defines terminology
- sufficiently complex examples—many based on actual cases —that allow the reader to explore topics in depth
- flow charts and diagrams that illustrate key points and reinforce memory
- coverage of UCC Article 2 throughout the book
- expanded coverage of standard form contracts and contemporary forms of contracting via electronic communications and on the Internet
- new notes throughout the book that give student a perspective on how the rules of contract law may differ in other countries
A gifted teacher and author, Brian Blum clarifies the principles, goals, policies, and legal rules of Contracts. The Examples & Explanations pedagogy gives the reader practice interpreting the contracts and applying the rules and principles to factual situations.
If you haven't got a copy, check with your Aspen rep. Tell 'em you heard about it on ContractsProf. No, you won't get any extra benefit, but we here at the blog, as loyal members of the Law Professors Blog Network, always try to do our best to suck up to our sponsors keep our sponsors happy..