Monday, October 1, 2012
Conference: Advocacy Under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure at the University of Kansas, November 8-9, 2012
The Kansas Law Review in conduction with the Shook, Hardy & Bacon Center for Excellence in Advocacy will host "Advocacy Under the Federal Rule of Civil Procedure After 75 Years"
• Professor Richard Marcus – Horace O. Coil Chair in Litigation at University of California Hastings College of the Law; Associate Reporter to the Advisory Committee on Civil Rules of the Judicial Conference of the U.S.
• John Barkett – Partner, Shook Hardy & Bacon L.L.P, Miami office; ABA Section of Litigation’s liaison member to the Federal Civil Rules Advisory Committee.
• Professor Steven Gensler – Professor, Associate Dean of Research and Scholarship at University of Oklahoma College of Law; Member of the United States Judicial Conference Advisory Committee on Civil Rules; Former Supreme Court Fellow at the Administrative Office of the United States Courts
• Professor Robert Burns – Professor of Law at Northwestern University School of Law; Program Director and Section Leader for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
• Honorable Lee H. Rosenthal – U.S. District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division; Chair of the Judicial Conference Committee on the Rules of Practice and Procedure; Former Chair of the Judicial Conference Advisory Committee on Civil Rules.
• Rebecca Kourlis – Founder and Executive Director of the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System (IAALS) at the University of Denver; Former Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court.
• John H. Martin – Partner, Thompson & Knight LLP; Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers; Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
• Kelley Sears – Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Wal-Mart
• Honorable David J. Waxse – Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court, District of Kansas; Former Chair of Kansas Commission on Judicial Qualifications; Past-President of the Kansas Bar Association.
All are invited to attend the conference. Additionally, some funds are available to sponsor room and board faculty wishing to attend. Please contact Prof. Lou Mulligan at [email protected]