Wednesday, June 8, 2011
The Legal Scholarship Network recently circulated this hiring announcement from Adelaide Law School, whose needs include civil procedure:
Adelaide Law School
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer/Associate Lecturer
Job Reference Numbers: LD, LC, LB or LA
The University of Adelaide is seeking to make a number of appointments in its Law School. Adelaide Law School is the second oldest in Australia to teach law, and has an international reputation for, and a commitment to, excellence in scholarship, learning and teaching. The results of the recent ERA (Excellence in Research for Australia) initiative acknowledged the research strengths of the Adelaide Law School with a 4 ranking. As well as undergraduate programs in law, Adelaide Law School also offers research and coursework postgraduate programs, including Master of Laws, Master of Business Law, and Master of Comparative Law. These positions offer an opportunity to become part of a stimulating legal academic environment, and to make a significant contribution to the legal academy and to the future of the legal profession.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: You should have:
- a capacity for, and achievements demonstrating, excellence in research and scholarship;
- a commitment to, enthusiasm for, and capacity to deliver excellence in teaching and learning outcomes;
- a capacity and willingness to contribute to the administration of the Law School and the University in a collegial way and by adhering to equal opportunity principles;
- a capacity and willingness to contribute to other activities that enable the Law School to take a vibrant role in engaging with the legal profession and the community.
Applicants should examine the specific selection criteria for the different levels of appointment (A, B, C, or D). Applications from scholars with interests and expertise in all fields of law are invited. Appointees will be expected to teach within the core undergraduate law program and preference may be given to applicants with expertise in the following areas: Criminal Law and Procedure; Administrative Law; Torts; Equity; Civil Procedure; Evidence; and International Law.
(Level D) $111,249 - $122,562 per annum
(Level C) $92,391 - $106,539 per annum
(Level B) $75,425 - $89,569 per annum
(Level A) $52,798 -$71,650 per annum
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
These positions are tenurable. Commencement date is negotiable, with some positions available from July 2011 and others available from January 2012.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Please refer to selection criteria available online at: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs or alternatively contact the Dean of Law, Professor John Williams, tel: +618 8303 5172 or email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential applicants can also view the website of the Law School at: http://www.law.adelaide.edu.au
Deadline: 24 June 2011
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Your application must include your:
- resume/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees
Email applications to: email@example.com or forward in duplicate to:
Professor John Williams
Adelaide Law School
University of Adelaide
South Australia 5005