January 27, 2010
UK law firm seeks dual-qualified (PRC-England) lawyer
I've been asked to post the following announcement:
We are a large UK law firm with offices across Europe and in Shanghai. We wish to hire a dual-qualified (PRC - England) lawyer to work in our London office, with occasional travel to the PRC.
The successful candidate will:
- be dual qualified in the PRC and England, with particular experience in corporate and commercial work
- have several years' experience working in a PRC law firm, and at least one year's post-qualification experience in a London law firm
- have Chinese as a mother tongue but be able to speak and write English fluently
- be commercially and practically minded, and be able to confidently advise clients as opposed to merely executing clients' instructions
- be able to credibly market the firm's services to potential Chinese and Western clients, together with London and Shanghai-based colleagues
If you are interested in this position, please provide us with a CV in English and Chinese, with recent photo and confirmation of what your residence and employment status is in the UK, and with telephone and email contact details. We would also appreciate a short note in English explaining why you think you are qualified for this position.
Please email your application to us at
If we are interested in considering you for this position we will contact you. Unfortunately we will not be able to contact you if we don't wish to act upon your application, and we therefore thank all candidates in advance for their interest.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference UK law firm seeks dual-qualified (PRC-England) lawyer: