Friday, November 18, 2016
Interest from churches in the integration of faith and work seems to have grown exponentially over the past few decades. That said, as far back as Martin Luther, there has been a call to view even jobs outside of ministry as a vocation or religious calling.
I plan to update this post from time to time, and I may add more discussion, but for now, I will just list some of the church-founded or church-connected faith & work initiatives or resources below. I welcome suggestions for additions to this list.
- Center for Faith and Work (This recent video on Civility in the Public Square is one example their events)
- Denver Institute for Faith & Work
- Institute for Faith, Work & Economics
- Nashville Institute for Faith & Work
- U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops: The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
Presentations and Panels
- Why Faith@Work Matters - Katherine Leary Alsdorf
- Redefining Work - The Gospel Coalition Panel Discussion
- Why Work Matters - Tim Keller
- Culture Making - Andy Crouch
- Every Good Endeavor - Tim Keller
- Life at Work - John Maxwell
- Work Matters - Tom Nelson