Thursday, April 3, 2014
The Tennessean story is here.
While Alberto Gonzales is certainly a controversial figure in some circles, I believe that people should be given multiple chances in life. He brings a wealth of high level experience to his new position, including:
- Partner at Vinson & Elkins,
- Justice on the Texas Supreme Court,
- Texas Secretary of State,
- General Counsel to the Governor of Texas,
- Counsel to the President of the United States,
- 80th Attorney General of the United States, and
- Visiting Professor at Texas Tech University
My office is across campus at Belmont University's business school, but I will teach Business Associations in the law school this fall (in addition to my courses in the business school), and I look forward to interacting with our new law school dean.