November 4, 2011
BROWN BAG SEMINAR
Dear Chapter 13 Colleagues!
I just wanted to advise you of an important upcoming BROWN BAG SEMINAR for attorneys and your staff Introducing T.R.U. (The new Trustee Response Upload system) to be held on Friday, November 18, 2011 from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm at the UST hearing room location located at:
725 S. Figueroa Street, Room 103 in downtown Los Angeles.
This seminar will be presented by Kathy A. Dockery, Chapter 13 Trustee and her staff.
2011 cdcbaa President
Info on some of Judge Bason's Chapter 13 policies
Subject: from Aki Koyama (staff attorney for Chp. 13 Trustee Kathy Dockery)
· Some of Judge Bason's Chapter 13 Policies:
Judge Bason will:
1. Allow matters to be confirmed from the 341(a) so long as there are no objecting parties;
2. Allow the Trustee to use the same chapter 13 hearing procedure that is utilized in Judge Klein's courtroom;
3. Other than the chapter 13 calendars in November, 2011 and December, 2011 which have already been noticed for 1:30, have his confirmat...ion hearings set for 10:00 a.m., Trustee motions set for 11:00 a.m. and miscellaneous chapter 13 matters set for 1:00 p.m.;
4. Allow lien avoidance via motion;
5. Dismiss cases with a bar on a case by case basis.
More to come . . . .
October 31, 2011
Beacon Power bankrupt; had U.S. backing like Solyndra
"Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy on Sunday, just a year after the energy storage company received a $43 million loan guarantee from a controversial Department of Energy program."
MF Global files for bankruptcy protection
"MF Global, a trader in commodities and derivatives brought down by bad bets on Europe, filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, leaving behind more than $2 billion in debt to some of Wall Street's biggest players.
The fate of MF Global, run by former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine, has been closely watched on Wall Street as a sign of how Europe's sovereign debt crisis could be cause trouble for U.S. financial companies."