November 18, 2010
'Real Housewife' Sonja Files for Bankruptcy
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 'Real Housewife' Sonja Files for Bankruptcy:
”While filing Bankruptcy can assist you in alleviating your dues and debts, it can also affect you more adversely than you can think of.
Bankruptcy can have disturbing effects on personal and professional life for longer duration. It affects your credit rating and borrowing capacity in near future. Hence, declaring bankruptcy should be considered as last resort.
Reasons for finding Bankruptcy Alternatives
There are other alternatives available which can pull you out from such awkward positions. There are numerous reasons for people to avoid bankruptcy.
1. People filing bankruptcy have to bear the loss of their assets. In most of the cases court used to sell those assets like house, plot or even car to clear off debts.
2. When ever you file for bankruptcy, then control goes to the magistrate handling your case and your fate can be decided by him judging the information received by Official Receiver.
3. Bankruptcy has a very devastating effect on your credit history for at least next 7 years. With such a poor credit score it becomes very difficult to get a loan or mortgage to start a fresh life.
4. Declaring bankruptcy can ruin your career prospectus. There are certain careers which do not accept you if bankrupt. Even there are few restrictions on being director or owning business.
5. Being bankrupt hampers your social life to much extent. It is quite embarrassing situation once your bankruptcy gets advertised in newspaper.
In October 2005, the bankruptcy Abused Prevention and Consumer Protection Act was came in to force. So before you make any decision to find bankruptcy…”
Posted by: Bankruptcy Laws | Nov 19, 2010 6:20:14 AM
Sorry to hear that.
Posted by: California Bankruptcy Attorney | Nov 27, 2010 11:32:30 PM