Friday, August 30, 2013
Here's what you should know before beginning your three-day weekend:
- A November 25 trial date has been set for the antitrust challenge to the American/US Airways merger.
- More good news for American Airlines: the judge overseeing the carrier's bankruptcy appears willing to confirm its reorganization plan before the antitrust challenge is resolved.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation has released a show-cause order supporting antitrust immunity for the Delta/Virgin Atlantic joint venture.
- ICAO has rescinded India's significant safety concern designation.
- Chilean carrier LAN won a legal dispute with the Argentinian government over use of an airport.