Friday, August 16, 2013
It's been a busy news week, so I thought it best to break up the end-of-week aviation link omnibus into two posts. Here's a collection of aviation pieces that may have been missed amidst the merger madness. We'll have a collection of reactions to the DOJ decision posted later this afternoon.
- Matt Yglesias takes on cabotage restrictions. For a longer analysis, we recommend Robert Hardaway's Of Cabbages and Cabotage.
- Justin Fox questions the success of U.S. airline deregulation.
- Is high speed rail hurting Chinese airlines? A good companion piece to last week's story on Chinese flight delays.
- Ryanair has dismissed the pilot who publicly criticized the carrier's safety practices.
- More Dreamliner technical glitches.
- Investigation ongoing into cause of UPS cargo plane crash that killed both pilots earlier this week.