Wednesday, May 12, 2010
On Wednesday, May 26, 2010, DePaul University College of Law and BeiHang University (Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) will conduct their second annual Key Issues in International Aviation Law conference in Beijing, China. The theme for this year’s conference is Aviation Law Under Open Skies: Commercial and Regulatory Developments in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Confirmed speakers (listed below this note) include key civil aviation officials from the U.S. and Chinese governments, directors of major international aviation law institutes, and prominent aviation executives, attorneys, and academics. An agenda describing all speakers, topics, and times will be forthcoming soon.
If you would like additional information, please contact Professor Jerold Friedland at email@example.com.
Key Issues in International Aviation Law
Aviation Under Open Skies: Commercial and Regulatory Developments in the Asia-Pacific Region
May 26, 2010
(Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
Confirmed speakers include:
• John R. Byerly Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Transportation Affairs
• Ms. MENG Qingfen Director, Law & Regulation Division, Civil Aviation Administration of China • Peter Harbison Executive Chairman, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
• Prof. WANG Han Vice President, Northwest University of Politics & Law
• G. Bailey Leopard, Jr. Senior Counsel, FedEx Express • Michael F. O’Laughlin Senior Partner, O’Laughlin & Company, Hong Kong
• Prof. XUAN Zengyi Director, Institute of Air and Space Law, Faculty of International Law China University of Political Science and Law
• Sandra Chiu Principal, Center for Aviation Policy & Economics; Former Director, International Affairs, United Airlines
• Prof. Long Weiqiu Dean, School of Law, BeiHang University Honorary Director, Institute of Aviation Law, School of Law, BeiHang University
• Nathan Bush Partner, O’Melveny & Myers, Beijing
• Prof. LI Bin Associate Director, Institute of Aviation Law Beihang University School of Law