Monday, April 30, 2018
Forget football and basketball rankings, for many law schools it is the moot court rankings by the University of Houston Law Center's Blakely Advocacy Institute that we wait for each year. Just a few days ago the final rankings were released. The top five schools are as follows:
1. South Texas College of Law Houston (alas, I cannot find a nickname or mascot for you--but great job!)
2. Chicago-Kent College of Law (Affiliated with Illinois Institute of Tech--Go Scarlet Hawks!)
3. Baylor University Law School (Go Bears!)
4. University of Oklahoma College of Law (Boomer Sooner!)
5. NYU Law School (Go Violets? Go Bobcats?)
As usual, the top 16 teams will compete at the Andrews Kurth Moot Court National Championship. The Sooners are the current champs, so we will see if they can hold on to the title this year.