The ABA Section of Antitrust Law presents
See the conference brochure here.
The conference will present high-level discussion and debate on the key developments in China and elsewhere in Asia, and provide insights into U.S. litigation risks for Asian firms. You will hear:
· Leaders of Asian competition agencies debate whether and how competition law and policy in Asia differs from how it is practiced elsewhere;
· DG Shang Ming, Professor Huang Yong, and leading Chinese and U.S. practitioners discuss how MOFCOM reviews mergers – from process to analysis to remedies;
· DG Xu Kunlin, Supreme People’s Court Judge Zhu Li, and others discuss substantive and procedural issues in NDRC’s enforcement, including in the high-tech sector;
· DG Ren Airong, FTC Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen, the General Counsel of Tencent, and others explain how they analyze issues at the intersection of antitrust and intellectual property law, including conduct involving standard-essential patents;
· Supreme People’s Court Chief Judge Kong Xiangjun, Senior Judge Douglas Ginsburg, and others discuss private actions in Asia and the risks to Asian entities from private litigation in the United States and elsewhere;
· Professor Bill Kovacic, German Federal Cartel Office and ICN Chair Andreas Mundt, and others discuss the application of international best practice to competition law in Asia;
· Deputy Assistant Attorney General Leslie Overton, Michael Han, John Fingleton, and others discuss the interplay of competition and other policies; and
· The General Counsel of Qualcomm and senior in-house counsel from BHP Billiton, General Electric, Intel, and Microsoft share insights on their experience in dealing with the challenges of Chinese and other Asian competition laws.
Other highlights include:
· Keynote addresses by FTC Chairwoman Edith Ramirez and China Investment Corporation recent president Gao Xiqing;
· Fundamentals of Chinese and U.S. competition law presented by experts including Professor Wang Xiaoye, Judge Douglas Ginsburg, and Professor Bill Kovacic; and
· A session on careers in the competition law field with successful professionals from China and the United States.