Wednesday, November 28, 2012
New Prize from the ABA Section of Antitrust Law: $8,000 for best published paper on merger retrospectives
Posted by D. Daniel Sokol
The Section of Antitrust Law is pleased to announce the creation of an award for the best published academic paper providing a retrospective examination of the aftermath of merger decisions made by enforcement agencies or the courts.
Papers must meet the following:
• Address the subject of retrospective examination of the outcomes of merger decisions by government antitrust/competition enforcement agencies, including decisions with or without conditions.
• Include empirical analysis of post-decision data.
• Cover enforcement decisions in any jurisdiction having a governmental merger control system.
• Be in the English language.
• Published or accepted for publication on or after January 1, 2011.
First place — $8,000
Runner-up — $3,000 (max of 2 may be awarded)
HOW TO ENTER:
Send completed submission form and paper by February 1, 2013 to Deborah.Morgan@americanbar.org at the ABA Section of Antitrust Law.
for more information and submission form.